Re: [NTLK] Macintosh Performa 6400/IrDA/Newton

From: Paul Miller (pauljosephmiller_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 04:01:34 EDT

Hi,

I've seen a site or two that has either a serial or
usb external IR port...I'll have to surf around to
find it...could this be IRDA and are there drivers for
the mac?? I do have a 20th anniversary mac (Alchemy
board) with the front IR and t only works for the
tv/radio/cd remote control (but we've established
that). I do have a computer from that era (powerbook
2400c---one of the best notebooks-- except for heat)
with an IR port and protocol that allows me to sync
with palms effortlessly. I'd like to try with a
newton when I: a) get another newton b) fix the
powerbook.

Paul