Re: [NTLK] Off topic - OT - Re: German food

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 00:01:15 EDT

Wow...where in Germany do you live? Me, I'm from the
Stugart area (I basically grew-up in Plochingen) I've
spent the equivalent of many years in Bavaria and
Algau. I recently took my wife to Germany to visit my
relatives (especially my grandmother who died the year
after I visited) We spent a wonderful two weeks on the
Stumpfen-hoch and Munich and Oberstaufen. Everywhere
we went, we were greeted with Bakers, Cheese shops,
Butchers...All with wonderful smells emanating from
their doors. It took all my willpower to pass by these
shops everytime we passed one... I would have had to
purchase a second seat on the plane for my belly!
But that cheese shop in Oberstaufen was just too
much...Beer and cheese...and pretzel and ham
sandwiches...it doesn't get much better than that!
Ed (German by blood)
web/gadget guru

--- Oliver Brose <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de> wrote:
> It has become very hard to come by good or even
> decent food here, at
> least for my taste, and I am talking about *basic*
> stuff here, bread,
> ham, cheese... thought about making ham myself, but
> a hog in the
> backyard would not stand a chance against the
> cats...
>
> >I don't like these fast-food burgers either...well,
> >let's say...they don't like me that is...
>
> At least you have some choice over there. Here it's
> all Mc D's and
> Burger King, Subway just started to invade town, and
> I know for sure
> about *one* KFC in the area.
>
> Oliver :)

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous