Re: [NTLK] nSync Public Preview 1 Available

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 02:21:57 EDT

on 10/21/02 7:15 AM, Tim Federwitz at tim_at_realtwistedpair.com wrote:

> Back to MacOS. I received the "Newton Connection Kit for Macintosh
> v.2.0" with my Newt, but when I installed it on OS 9.2.2 and connected
> to my Newt, it told me that it wouldn't work with my model??!! Is this
> for older Newton's (MP100-130)?

Newton Connection Kit (NCK for short) only works with older Newtons running
OS 1.x. It will not work with a 120 running 2.0 (but will with a 120 running
1.3) nor with a 130 or anything newer. I'm wondering who sold you this
software with a 2k series Newt.... :-) (no, don't tell us, but it was a
weird thing to do...) Did you also get Newton Connection Utility (NCU for
short) also? This would be the app to use with your model. If you didn't get
it, you can download it from www.unna.org. It's there somewhere. Look in the
Apple software section of the archive.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry