Re: [NTLK] Notes problem

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 06:19:46 EDT

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 00:42, Steve Tedder wrote:
> On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 05:27 AM, Karel Jansens wrote:
> >> You can also tap the caret to bring up the punctuation palette, then
> >> tap the return.
> >
> > I never got used to doing that. AFAICS, the caret is a nuisance that
> > pops
> > up whenever I least need it.
>
> Well, fine, turn it off then. Tap the Recognition button, then
> Preferences. Tap Options, then Text Editing Settings. Uncheck next to
> "Insert new words at caret." Presto, nuisance gone.

I misspoke. It's not so much the caret as the caret pop-up menu that tends
to annoy me. At times, if I write an "o" too smallish, the damn thing
jumps out.

The caret itself I'm cool with.

Still, no biggie. I just write larger o's, right?

--
Jazz.

"Revenge is a rolling pin!" (the Widow's Revenge team from Robot Wars)