Re: [NTLK] Repentance and Reformation

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 09:54:39 EDT

on 23/10/02 09:24, Zachery Bir at zbir_at_urbanape.com wrote:

> Man, what a fool. Luckily, I married a smart woman. She convinced me
> that I'd regret to my dying day selling my beloved Newton. So I
> cancelled the auction (sorry if any of you were bidders), resubscribed,
> and am now looking for a WaveLAN card, and a CF card, so I can jump
> whole hog back into the Newton community. Forgiven? :)

You are, Zac. Welcome back! Hope you'll find that WaveLAN card. If you
don't, you could have a look on the D-Link DWL-650. It's usually cheaper and
works equally well with the Newton and AirPort. Not that I'm using it, but
I've read many posts mentioning it.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage. Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted. See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory smash, overrun screw, core.