[NTLK] dongles WAS Re: Ebay Alert...

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 10:35:16 EDT

>From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
>That's because of all those Newtons sold recently without dongles. By
>selling them separately, the demand for them has gone up, and now everybody
>who has them can sell them for more. I don't know if it was done on
>purpose--I doubt it--or by accident--which I suspect, as the main resellers
>aren't very knowledgeable about Newtons in general. :-)

One solution:
The resellers that are selling Newtons with the IBM specific cable (newton
plug on one end, IBM serial on the other: it should be possible to kludge
together some adapters to end up at the mac serial/printer port. I seem to
recall someone posting about soldering something together (a couple years
ago), too, on the list or a web page.

Brian

--
"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law."
             [Thomas Jefferson, a founder of the U.S. of A.,  February 10,