Re: [NTLK] Data question?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 16:27:59 EDT

On 23/10/02 15:25, "Martin Joseph" <marty_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently came into possession of a 20M memory card.
>
> I refiled everything I could from the Newton's finder equivelent, onto
> the new card, but when I look at Storage, some items still show the
> older 8meg card....
>
> I cannot re-file these items onto the new card as I am told:
>
> This item can't be filed, because it's the wrong kind.
>
> Since some of these item are important soups such as "names","notes",
> etc. I am worried about how to migrate the remaining data off the 8
> meg card, over to the 20M card?

I'm guessing that you're talking about storage items. Those items will
always stay on any memory store that your Newton access. The thing to watch
for is to make sure that all the items in those storage icons are filed on
the memory store you're planning to use. If you tap on them, a dialog should
appear and will list all the memory stores that are available, and will list
how many items are filled on every single store. You just have to tap the
little folder icon at the bottom right and select on which memory store you
want to file those items.

-Laurent.

dangling pointer n.: [common] A reference that doesn't actually lead
anywhere (in C and some other languages, a pointer that doesn't actually
point at anything valid). Usually this happens because it formerly pointed
to something that has moved or disappeared. Used as jargon in a
generalization of its techspeak meaning; for example, a local phone number
for a person who has since moved to the other coast is a dangling pointer.
Compare dead link.