Re: [NTLK] clie (OT)

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 17:37:41 EDT

>Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:28:19 -040
>From: Richard Brauer <rbrauer_at_mindspring.com>
>
>Can someone explain to me why all these PDA companies are including
>keyboards and then using the QWERTY design? It seems essentially
>impossible to use touch-typing, particularly given that they're
>designed for the thumb, so why are they using a design originally
>intended to slow the user down and lives on solely for touch typists?
>
>Or am I just ranting?

For the same reason that PocketPC (or whatever it is called now)
looks and works like a mouse+keyboard desktop. And for the same
reason that millions of people use bad bloated software for small
silly tasks.
They have not seen anything else, they do not care enough to notice,
and they are glad to see something familiar.
It's like eating at Mc D. abroad; you will know what you get, but
that does not make it any better.

Oliver :/

--
"We Just Bought Congress. Switch To Windows. It's The Law."

www.appleturns.com