Re: [NTLK] iSync and nSync errors

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 18:51:42 EDT

I don't think it's related to that... the way it appears, the Newton
sends an empty response sometimes. It could be due to physical
interference or cord defects, or it could be due to an unexpected data
type in the Names soup. I'm still trying to narrow the problem down,
but the first step seems to be to reproduce the problem on my own
system, something I can't do yet. I'm going to try making an app that
sets a timer after it requests each record from the Newton... if it
times out, it asks for the record again, and if it can't get the record
after 3 or 4 tries, it gives up and returns an error message, perhaps
with some diagnostic information. This at least may be somewhat more
helpful than just stopping.

John