Re: [NTLK] NPDS and my router

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 15:46:27 EDT

And you know what's really funny?
I work with a web-server farm with thousands of
websites and servers. We administer them through a
second NIC on a backnet using the 10.x.x.x IP. Since
I'm on the backnet on one of my machines (I have 4
workstations and two servers at my desk) If I click on
this link, I get one of my customer's sites. Of
course, I don't get anything, but a 404 page, but it
is funny.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- David Caolo <dcaolo_at_gis.net> wrote:

> On 10/23/02 7:39 PM, "David Caolo" <dcaolo_at_gis.net>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Update: I turned personal web sharing on on my iBook
> running 10.2. The
> resulting address for the Newt is
> http://10.0.1.4/html/index.html
> Maybe not the textbook way of doing it, but it
> seemed to work. You folks
> seeing the Newt?
>
> Dave

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous