Re: [NTLK] NaPalm: it's for real.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 09:04:09 EDT

on 25/10/02 08:52, Robin Kidd at robink_at_cotse.net wrote:

> I am probably the only one on this list who feels this way but the name
> NaPalm sends a cold chill down my spine. I saw too much of that stuff in
> VietNam. Just my 2 cents.
>
> Robin

Brrr. I can certainly understand this, Robin...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia. Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect, but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard `hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than self-assumed.