[NTLK] Question regarding how long flash ram lasts?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 16:01:29 EDT

Hello all,
I have a question on flash ram. I understand that they only have a certain
number of write cycles then fail. My question is in general how long does a
flash card/ram last. Also I understand that the 2000/2100 Newtons use flash
ram for the main storage, compared to the previous models which were SRAM.
So how long till the internal flash fails? Should I be using the internal
for unchanging data like program packages and the cards for data that
changes on a daily basis (names, dates, notes, etc). Or is the wear so
small in a newton it will take say 20 years of constant use in a newton for
it to start to fail?

-Dan