Re: [NTLK] alt.rec thinking too much

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 17:24:13 EDT

Chalut François, chalut la foule,

À (At) 23:17 +0200 26/10/02, Francois Baligant écrivait (wrote) :
> I tried to use Paul's alt.rec (0.7a1) handwriting recognization
>enhancement for a few days
> but on a couple of times (twice a day), the Newton would start
>"thinking" (lightbulb on the top
> of screen) and never resume processing... Reset is then the only solution.
>
> I noticed this happend generally when I try to erase something
>but I miss it and it starts
> drawing over instead.
>
> I have a MP2100 running OS 717260.
>
> Is it a know bug or do I have something else installed that
>might conflict with it ?

OK. This is a well known bug.
alt.rec.... learning mechanism (which was never really implemented)
conflicts with the cursive recognizer's learning mechanism.
You need to use alt.rec.... with the printing recognizer, the only
one capable of recognizing accents on a MP2x00 US anyway.

BTW, I have a couple of ideas to improve alt.rec.... so I might
release a new version. I'm lacking so much time that I didn't release
0.72 that fixes another bug. I shall release new dictionaries as well.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/