Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #728

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 14:23:57 EST

on 10/26/02 10:21 PM, d0pp13r at roman_at_pixell.net wrote:

> its obviously a duo remake, with those scsi and mini-scsi ports, the duo had
> the same. the mini port is for an external floppy, AFAIK. the stylus is most
> probably a modified ADB pen, so the screen might even not be
> touch-sensitive!

But the Duo doesn't have these ports built-in. They are in the dock, or mini
dock. I was just playing with mine today, and was thinking about this
monster. :-) That said, there is nothing to stop the prototype from being
based on a Duo, with these things internalized. I noticed that some of the
hardware inside seems to be rather "thrown in." In any case, it appears to
be more of a Macintosh than a Newton--bummer. :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams