Re: [NTLK] Newton 2x00 internal ram

From: Brian Braunschweiger (brianbraun_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 16:38:54 EST

At 11:02 AM -0400 10/25/2002, Victor Rehorst wrote:
>Yes, you can now use CF cards as Newton storage.
>
>http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/
>
>You'll need a CF-> PCMCIA adapter. They're around $15 to $20. (I paid
>$20 CAD for mine).

OK - my 2100 won't recognize the card. It is a 64 meg Compact Flash
card in an Antec CF PCMCIA adapter. The Newton gives me an error. I
don't have it written down here but the error was something like
-10852 or something like that.

I can't currently access my 8 meg card.

- Is 64 megs too big?
- Do I need to do something special to format the card? It was
formatted by my Kodak digital camera but it mounds fine on my Mac
Desktop in 9.1 with a Compact Flash USB reader.

Finally, assuming I can get it to work is there any way to load
packages by transferring from my Mac to Compact flahs to my newton?

Brian

--
The glass isn't half full or half empty. It's twice as big as it needs to be.