Re: [NTLK] Cheap 2100's, too good to be true?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 16:00:37 EST

On 28/10/02 15:41, "Varun Mehta" <varun_at_mehtasw.com> wrote:

> What's the deal with the auctions on eBay of 2100's (upgraded from 2000's)
> for $35-$50 (as high as $60)? The say they include the unit, battery, and
> stylus. They are "Still in excellent Condition - There are some indications
> that the unit is used, but it is generally free from scratches."
>
> Hopefully I'd be able to sync via IRDa, eliminating the need for a dongle,
> after that, would it be possible to sync through my WaveLAN card, which
> people have made drivers?

Don't know what could be wrong with the auctions, but to answer your
questions, if you have an IrDA compliant laptop, then yes, after loading all
the required packages (NIE, Wavelan), you should be able to sync through
your Wavelan card.

-Laurent.

dangling pointer n.: [common] A reference that doesn't actually lead
anywhere (in C and some other languages, a pointer that doesn't actually
point at anything valid). Usually this happens because it formerly pointed
to something that has moved or disappeared. Used as jargon in a
generalization of its techspeak meaning; for example, a local phone number
for a person who has since moved to the other coast is a dangling pointer.
Compare dead link.