[NTLK] WaveLAN card warning

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 16:09:46 EST

Beware of your Setup/Card selection when you switch cards!

I just fried my Lucent Silver WaveLAN card by using the wrong card
settings...

I was sending e-mail too quickly from my OutBox, and did not check that the
routing slip had the correct selections for the Setup and Card.

MAKE SURE you select the right ones - there is probably an initialization
pulse for my Farallon card setup that fries the Lucent WaveLAN. Now I get
"There is a problem with this card: -61006" message on insertion... waaaah.

Anyone selling spares? Lucent/WaveLAN preferred, since I have a
pigtail/antenna setup.

Paul F.