Re: [NTLK] Cheap 2100's, too good to be true?

From: Ian Moffatt (moffatt_at_newted.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 01:16:44 EST

On 29/10/02 12:48 am, "John Acuff" <jacuff1_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> I bought my upgraded 2000 off eBay from phillydiscounters for $65. It
> was exactly as described.

Same here but just one door clip missing. I intend to keep it in a case I
won on eBay. I'll wait until the case turns up before I cast judgement on
our multinational friend!

The Newt arrived with one of those cheapo plastic thingys and a flat battery
but I have a limitless supply of AA's so I got a cage from
comp.sys.newtonmarketplace and all is well.

Your $65 soon runs to more though. Battery cage. Stylus and dongleless lead
from listas (thanks guys), nu shields so you can practice safe text.
Stylus/pen as the Newts stylus can only be pulled out with pliers!

Currently I'm up to around $125

Next on the list. The aforementioned case, memory cards (on the way)
register ATA support from Paul, Ethernet, modem(?), power adaptor, battery
rebuilt by Frank, nSync, door clips, UNNA CD (I've already ordered the
tshirt and badge)

This will probably easily top $300 by the time I've finished(?)

BUT. . . I could not afford to shell out that money all at once for a fully
kitted out model.

As someone else said. 'You pays your money, you takes your choice"

It's fun though isn't it?

Ian

--
Newton - still intelligent after all these years
AIM: IXM42