Re: [NTLK] Cheap 2100's, too good to be true?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 02:33:50 EST

Varun Mehta <varun_at_mehtasw.com> wrote:

> What's the deal with the auctions on eBay of 2100's (upgraded from
2000's)
> for $35-$50 (as high as $60)? The say they include the unit,
battery, and
> stylus. They are "Still in excellent Condition - There are some
indications
> that the unit is used, but it is generally free from scratches."

I bought one of these units, for ~$59 ... and as soon as I can, I will
buy another --! The only thing missing on mine was the promised cover
(and the power adapter, which the listing clearly stated wasn't
included) ... but a simple e-mail request (in which I pointed out the
listing said it would be included) fixed that.

> Hopefully I'd be able to sync via IRDa, eliminating the need for a
dongle,
> after that, would it be possible to sync through my WaveLAN card,
which
> people have made drivers?

I've been syncing with my eMate (don't have anymore IRDA laptops) ...
works fine for transferring .pkgs ... unable to do the same for some
packages, though: they require installation via dongle ... which,
thanks to list member Darren de Silva, arrived today! :o)

I do have an ethernet card, but I couldn't load the software on my
eMate due to space ... that was actually alleviated by the ATA card I
stuck in there (thanks again, Paul Guyot) -- but I wanted to wait for
the dongle before installing the software.

> Thanks for any help you guys can offer

Welcome ... probably not much help, but ....

--gdw