Re: [NTLK] NewtSync v0.1p

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 18:21:33 EST

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 23:27, Jordi Rosquillas wrote:
> That sounds logical if you realize that the X also has a relation with
> OS X core wich is based in UNIX, BTW, it would be interesting to trace
> back what does the X stands for in UNIX.

Um.

The last letter?

UNIX is to my knowledge not an acronym, and certainly nothing fancy like
those recursive thingies some of those gee^H^H^H clever developers come up
with.

It may have something to do with Multics, the operating system it was
supposed to improve upon.

--
Karel Jansens.

Vyvyan: "I must be hallucinating! What's a good thing for a hangover?" Mike: "Drinking heavily the night before." (the Young Ones - episode 'Time')