Re: [NTLK] Help! blank screen

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 01:55:33 EST

>So far so good. Newt reboots with the chime but screen is blank. Backlight
>comes on if I hold switch but just a green screen (of death?).

Probably not. If you describe what happens with more details, we
might be able to tell.

The dead symptom is that the backlight flashes on its own. The fact
that you triggered the backlight yourself is rather a good sign.
However, it is possible that the LCD got unplugged somehow.

Did you remove the card?
Was it an ATA card or a linear card?
Do you see the Newton logo at first?
What happens if you press on the left border of the screen during startup?
What happens if you press the reset button and the power switch at
the same time? Do you get the do you want to erase dialog? (don't say
yes, especially if the card is still in)

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/