Re: [NTLK] GPRS PCMCIA card

From: Harri Hohteri (harri.hohteri_at_cs.helsinki.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 03:46:19 EST

> I just ran across this Nokia Type II PC card which supports both Wifi
> and GPRS:
> Any guesses on whether this baby will work in a Newton?

Hi,

I once tested that card. I even have a special version of the Hiroshi's
driver to recognize this card but it doesn't work. The problem is that
Newton doesn't handle multifunction cards that well.

I can't recall if the card was identified as a communication card (I
doubt that, though). If it was you could try to use it as a GPRS card.

Harri

P.S. Has anybody got Nokia 6310(i) to work via cable as a GPRS device?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html