Re: [NTLK] Cheap 2100's, too good to be true?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 16:14:19 EST

on 10/30/02 6:12 AM, Glen Warner at gdwarner_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> I feel your pain ...! My first Mac, a Performa 600 (which is still
> running, by the way) cost me about $2000 ... today, I can get a used
> iMac for $400. :o\

I paid $850 for my $2200 Perfoma 600CD. It was a floor model that somebody
had hacked into the At Ease prefs on, and had changed the password so nobody
could use it. I opened Claris Works, and saved a CW file with the same name
as the At Ease Preferences file in the prefs folder, and had a fully-usable
P600 in just a few minutes. :-) That was back in '94. I still have that
computer, but I've replaced the hard drive twice, swapped out the logic
board with one from a Quadra 650, updated the RAM, and had a new CD ROM
drive replaced (caddy drive, and the caddy broke). The only things still
original on this computer are the keyboard, mouse and floppy drive. :-) It
is now sitting on a shelf, waiting for me to set up our ethernet network...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.