Re: [NTLK] Keyspan USA-28 adaptor and Newton Serial Connection

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 17:24:40 EST

At 05:00 PM 10/30/2002 -0500, Douglas Loftus <loftus_at_mjmcreative.com> wrote:

>I just resurrected my Newton 130 and am trying to connect it to my PBG3
>(os9.2) via a Keyspan USA-28 (not the USA-28x) adaptor but I ma not having
>any luck. Newton Connection Utilities recognizes the adaptor's two ports
>but the Newton doesn't. I have tried both ports without any connection. Do
>I need to change some settings? Or go buy the USA-28x?

I use a Keyspan USA-28 (not a 28x) with NewTen and newtSync on OSX and it
works fine.

I have not tried using NCU in Classic with this adapter as I use
Wifi/Appletalk instead.

I doubt your problem is due to having a USA-28 instead of a USA-28x. I
can't think of any suggestions other than making sure NCU is set to the
Keyspan port that your Newton is plugged into, and that Newton Dock is set
to Serial. Make sure you have the latest Keyspan driver -- the first Beta I
used had some problems. The obvious things you've probably already checked....

-Jeremy

Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com

Americans practice different faiths in churches, synagogues, mosques and
temples. And many good people practice no faith at all.
  - George W. Bush, finally gets it right in his Easter Address of 2002
My PGP key is available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html