Re: [NTLK] Ethernet and 3C589C PC Card

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 22:32:51 EST

Charles Isaac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot get the Etherlink III 3C589C card to work in my Newton 2100.
>
> I have NIE Ethernet
> NIE 2.0
> 3c589
> 3comDrv
> Newton Internet

You don't need the 3c589 package. It's for 3C589DT and ET cards.

Delete both 3c589 and z3ComDrv.

Install the FarallonEthernet driver, and reset:
http://www.unna.org/unna/drivers/ethernet/farallon/

Install the 3comaddon (z3ComDrv) package, and reset.

Now insert your card. If nothing happens when it's inserted, then it's been
recognized. When setting up an internet connection, choose the 3Com 3c589D card.