[NTLK] Importing RTF file to NewtonWorks

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 23:03:10 EST

Today at work I hooked up my Newton to a PC for the first time, and had
great success importing big (~450K) RTF files saved with Word 97 into
NewtonWorks.

Came home and tried to do the same thing on a Mac (NCU/Classic/Jaguar,
AppleTalk over ethernet) but I can't get it to work. Specifically, I can't
see any of my files in NCU's Open dialog box. I've tried saving them as RTF
with Word, as well as changing the "Open with..." pref to Word 98 (classic)
and to TextEdit.

As a matter of fact, when I use "Import to NewtonWorks", the only files that
are visible in the Open dialog seem to be the plain text files.

I've checked the FAQ & list archives, but haven't found anything on this.
It's supposed to be do-able according to the NCU documentation. I can't
believe this very useful (to me) function is only going to work with Windows
and not on a Mac! Anybody have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html