Re: [NTLK] OT Should I migrate to OSX.2

From: Jack Skoda (jskoda_at_skoda.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 09:43:04 EST

I have a G3/400 Pismo with 192M of RAM and I run 10.2.1. For
some things it is pokey, but I can live with it for the benefits
(NFS, Samba, vim, teTeX, cvs, etc.) Yes Alpha and OzTeX run
faster in OS9 but I work faster in 10 using the terminal,
vim, teTeX, and cvs.

\begin{blanket-statement}
I would say that it all depends on what you are looking to do and
how you want your machine to interact with others on the net.
If you are uncomfortable with the terminal and want a pure
Mac experience then no 10.2 on a G3 isn't for you. If you
are used to a more Linux/UNIX feel, then 10.2 might be
appropriate
\end{blanket-statement}

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html