Re: [NTLK] NEWTON CONNECTIVITY ON THE APPLE IBOOK

From: dermot (redtom_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 00:40:44 PDT

Have you thought about a serial to USB adaptor like a belkin one that is
if I'm not going down the wrong path..

Hi everyone--
I use both platforms: Mac and Windows. Finally purchased a new-old
Apple
iBook, the last of the colored clamshell models made before Apple
introduced
the new white i Book. But there's no serial port and therefore no way
connect Newton. My local Apple store no longer provides a serial to USB

adapter (made by Kensington because the folks at the store claimed it
was no
reliable across all hardware products). How can I connect my Newton to
this
computer.

The iBook also has no PCMCIA slot; is there an external peripheral that
would
provide this function???

Thanks,
Rene Siegel