Re: [NTLK] Jaguar and NCU?

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 11:12:47 PDT

On Montag, September 2, 2002, at 07:52 Uhr, Melvin Lasky wrote:

> Is it possible to run NCU on Jaguar? I have an iBook.

Yes it is definitely possible. NCU will run just fine under Classic
with OSX 10.2, with Ethernet for communication between your Newt and
iBook. Make sure that you turn on Appletalk in OSX's network
preferences as well as in the Classic environment.

> I was also wondering if it's possible to move my contacts from my
> Newton
> MessagePad 2000 to Jaguar's Addressbook or something? I have ethernet

Yes, in three steps. You could first sync to Claris Organizer
(available on UNNA, I believe). Then "upgrade" to Palm Desktop 4.0.
Finally, export your contacts as a vCard file from Palm Desktop and
drag and drop the file on 10.2's address book. Finished!

Hopefully Apple will make iSync reasonably open so that it is possible
to write a plugin so that News can sync directly in the future!

Regards,

Simon