Re: [NTLK] Avoid GEM ENTERPRISES

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 07:00:01 PDT

First of all, let me be clear, I have no affiliation with GEM enterprises.

It would seem, by the content of Mr. Ozguners' email, that GEM are little more than pond-scum. However, a quick check of
their feedback shows 3209 transactions with 9 negatives over 6 months old. This would indicate a ~0.003% dissatisfaction
rate. Is this what he means by 'TERRIBLE feedback'?

Also, generalizations that they threaten users with negative feedback may or may not be true. Perhaps, in the case(s) of
people you have talked to, it is true but you cannot apply it across the board without speaking to EVERYONE.

When you sell to many people you will always have problems. It may be bad goods, damage during shipping, wrong order,
misunderstanding by one or both parties, etc. etc.

Despite your protestations to the contrary, the approval rating of GEM is very good.

It is, perhaps interesting to note, that your email comes hot on the heels of your announcement for repair services. ;\

I wish you well in your endeavors but I think that the method you have chosen to raise yourself above the enemy (GEM) is
simply to dig a ditch around yourself.

In the end, people will make up their own mind whether to use your services or not, but the 'band together' rhetoric and
rallying cry is simply cheesy :P

Tip: Never mix a rant and a revelation. It makes you sound disingenuous.

Regards,

PCBman