Re: [NTLK] 2Ks have an internal thermometer

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 07:59:53 PDT

The truth is that there are two thermistors (sensors), used to check the
temperature at two positions:
one is contained in the battery pack to sense the battery temperature,
the second is just behind the LCD to sense the LCD temperature.

While the first is used to indicate possible overheating of the battery
during charging, the latter is very handy to readjust the contrast of the
LCD depending on its temperature (AutoLCD is doing that).

If your Newt is long enough exposed to the environment, you can use the LCD
temperature readout as an indication for the ambient temperature, but this
is not very accurate.

But I can assure you that this is exactly the same for MP2000 and MP2100.

Johannes