Re: [NTLK] Emulation on newt / Newton Programming is a PAIN!

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 22:24:10 PDT

>I'm just curious, but what does the Newton do with its const variables?

Const variables are not variables. The constant is directly in the
code (which is read only).

>BTW inline asm is ok with MPW too? My apple doc viewer can't seem to
>open the newton docs on the Devel stuff:)

I don't think you can do inline assembly with ARM compiler. However,
there is an assembler, ARM6Asm. It's been a while since I used NCT
scripts to build my projects (I use Makefiles directly) but I think
that if you put a file with a .a suffix, it will use ARM6Asm.

You can look into Virtual Functions and Page Fault Mechanism bowels
article for an example of an assembler source file (with a problem I
discovered last week, actually, the mangled name of the second
function is not what the C++ compiler generates).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/