Re: [NTLK] Looking for battery MP2100 recommendations

From: Tom W (thenortherner_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 19:11:04 PDT

The battery packs are convenient until you're on the road and they die. Then
your Newton will be strangely silent until you find a place and the time
required to recharge it. If you use the battery cage, you can make your
Newton sing again with four AA batteries from the nearest corner store.
There are pros and cons with both. The battery cage is expensive if you
don't have it. I just paid $60 Cdn. (including shipping) for a brand new one
from Apple. Another pro for the battery cage is that there is no real
complicated process to change your battery. When your battery pack
permanently looses its charge, there is a little effort required in
rebuilding.
But I have both.
Tom