Re: [NTLK] wavelan card voltages

From: [bri cors] (bri_at_nerdtech.com)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 14:02:14 PDT

> > i just downloaded the latest waveLan package from the 'Driver Labo' and am
> > delighted to see that it works with my DLink dwl-650. however, it also says
> > this on Hiroshi's page:
> >
> > ### Caution ###
> > Voltage of cards must be 5.0V.
> > If you use 3.3V cards, it will break both the cards and Newton !!
> >
> > and it says on back of the dwl-650 that it's 3.3v card. am i running a
> > serious risk here?

I just checked out the website for the DLink DWL-650 - and it says this:

[http://www.dlink.com/products/wireless/dwl650/]

"The D-Link DWL-650 is an IEEE 802.11b compliant PC Card Type-II 11Mbps
wireless LAN adapter. The DWL-650 will operate in 2.4 GHz Direct Sequence
Spread Spectrum (DSSS) for wireless networks in the home or office
environment. It is designed to operate in 3.3V or 5.0V DC slots. In
addition, the DWL-650 uses a 64/128-bit WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
Encryption for a secure network connection."

The table in "Product Specs" on the site for this card also says that it
can run at 3.3 or 5.0 - so I think you are all set...