Re: [NTLK] BACKGROUNDS -> Good Utilities?

From: Andre Beckedorf (Newton_at_Beckedorf.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 12:00:10 PDT

If are a PC user, want to use Avi's Backdrop and would like to transfer
pictures to your Newton correctly resized to fit the Newton's screen, try
NewtShare (http://www.beckedorf.net/Mainpage/NewtShare/newtshare.html).
You'll also need Newt's Cape + the Package Saver Addon, which you can find
here: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/saweyer/newton/newtscape.htm

NewtShare is basically a little webserver, onto which you can drag&drop your
pictures (~20 graphic formats supported). Just connect via Newt's Cape to it
and download the "Avi-Version" of your image, save it as Package and it's
done.
This application also runs in Virtual PC on MacOS.
I'm going to do a complete rewrite to go cross platform, so it will be
available to MacOS and Windows users as well.

Regards,
Andre Beckedorf