Re: [NTLK] WLAN - Newton - PC Cards (Netgear, ZyAir, ...)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 07:57:03 PDT

on 10/09/02 09:40, Camillus Guhl at cam_at_guhl.net wrote:

> Dear Newts
>
> After reading through the newtontalk archive (searchable) and the newton wlan
> driver's website I did not find any information regarding the following
> products to work (or not) with the newton wlan driver:
>
> - Netgear MR401 PC-Card ( http://www.netgear.com/product_view.asp?
> xrp=11&yrp=30&zrp=91 )
>
> - As the Netgear Wireless Router/AccessPoint MR314 seems to support the
> appletalk protocol, what about the access point ME102 (
> http://www.netgear.com/product_view.asp?xrp=11&yrp=30&zrp=92rting
> Appletalk? As I have a small wired LAN up and running and connected to the
> internet via a DSL router, I do not need more than an access point.
>
> Any Feedback appreciated.

Camillus,

Send an email to Hiroshi, the guy who wrote the driver. He'll be able to
help and think he's trying to support as many cards as he can. It's just
that he can't buy them all.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator)
language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax,
limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.