Re: [NTLK] Old mac wanted

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 08:15:40 PDT

Well, it's not something that I'm proud of...I
certainly don't want this to be common knowledge! ;-)
But I think I made a mention or two on this list that
I used to be a Mac Network Admin in a former
life...(not by choice, mind you) So, when I left that
former life to loftier climes, I had two Macs in my
posession; an LC-II (I believe there is an Asante
acellerator card in there as well) and the other was
some kind of Performa thing...I kept the LCII to do
some FMP development work and gave the performa away
(too clunky, didn't have room) When I got a copy of
FMP for Windows and found that development worked
cross platform, the LC became relegated to a monitor
stand and there it has sat for the last bunch of
years...
Yes, it's a personal suffering I've learned to live
with...But, luckily for me, my other Windows friends
wouldn't recognize a Mac if it fell on their foot, so
I'm safe from ridicule...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
wrote:

> on 10/09/02 00:05, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com
> wrote:
>
> > Now I'm never going to get rid of "Donald". He's
> an
> > Old Mac LCII... (Get it...Old...Mac...Donald?...
<snip>
> Ed:
>
> You've never confessed before that you had any
> Macintosh!
>
> -Laurent.

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party