Re: [NTLK] Flakey Keyboard help, please

From: Marco Mailand (m_at_abasurf.ch)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 00:14:51 PDT

> I'm guessing that the newt cable (and/or the dongle) are not 100% so that
> the keyboard identity is not being passed to the newt. Obviously, it is
> working with simple serial connections, and could probably be used with
> proper drivers on other devices such as Palm, Zaurus, etc.
It could be that the NIC port in your Newton is at least partially
broken-off the mobo. Check it for unreliable contact by carefully tilting
the Dongle before switching on. The NIC port can be repaired by resoldering
but you might also consider a SER-001 to replace the Dongle and get a
built-in Mini-8 connector.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse
Marco Mailand