Re: [NTLK] Google / UNNA

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 06:00:05 PDT

> If you are a Windoze user you can install a Google "toolbar" in Internet
> Explorer. This toolbar gives you the option to search the web or to "search
> this site." I find that the "search this site" feature works very well -
> even on UNNA.
>
> Unfortunately, this add-in toolbar is NOT available for Mac versions of
> Internet Explorer.
> \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:10:24 +0200
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Question
> From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl>
>
> on 11-09-2002 12:50, MuHammed Lonon at mjl3781_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>> Ok now i got a question. Am I the only one who can't
>> lookup anything in the archives???? When I use the
>> Google engine on the site it ALWAYS comes back with
>> nothing, even when I_know_ it is there(like NCU).
> I guess you mean UNNA when you mention the archives, apparently the google
> search isn't working anymore.
>
> Robert Benschop

Two things...

First, there is a Google bookmarklet for IE-Mac that does a global Google
search. ( http://www.google.com/options/macexplorer.html ) Of course, one
could enter "webpageURL" in the search along with whatever is being searched
for...

Second, a question -- is this toolbar (or the functions therein) implemented
as JavaScript? If so, then it should be no problem to create a bookmarklet
for use in ANY browser.

- Eric.