[NTLK] newtonbooks/note- repositories of tech info?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 11:12:17 PDT

There are a fair number of computer types here... :)

How many tips and tricks for Windows, Unix, etc do people have stored
on their messagepads, as either newtonbooks or notes?

I have made (in NewtDB) databases of restriction enzyme codings and
similar stuff for molecular biology, 'cos I do lots of that, and I
use the little computer-oriented newtonbooks of say port mappings
etc, but it would be handy to have more tech info available, like
which file you are supposed to rename in WinXP to defeat the latest
security hole, stuff like that. Since I'm often the tech support guy
when the IT guys can't be found.

Anyway what made me want to start saving info like that, was this
link on slashdot
<http://arstechnica.com/guide/building/bios/bios-1.html>.

Anyone collecting things like that on their newts already?

Brian