Re: [NTLK] Ramblings and Wishes

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 08:43:55 PDT

> From: Dave Bonhoff <GTIDave_at_golden.net>
>
> I rarely use my modem. This problem occurs when using either my ethernet card
> or WiFi... It happened again this morning. Part way through downloading new
> mail, it hung. I eventually closed the slip and tried to receive simple mail
> again. It would hang while checking for mail. I used webmail to access my
> inbox and deleted a large email with attachments, and tried simple mail
> again. Didn't go. Then I tried freezing extensions and deleting stores, but
> still nothing worked. I then used my powerbook to download all my remaining
> email and immediately after, simple mail was able to access my mailbox again.
> I'm really wondering if it is a problem with my ISP, but have yet to call them
> as they will probably just tell me that my Newt is not a supported platform...

Something similar happening here:

If Simple Mail access a series of emails and I do not download them
immediatelly then I can not access the emails anymore. It is like Simple
Mail mark them all as read even if I have not downloaded them to Newton.

The only solution is to use webmail to read/delete the emails.

Any workaround to this or is there any setting of Simple Mail that I missed?

TIA

--lpetroni