Re: [NTLK] eMate battery pack rebuild - parts IDs?

From: Dan K (dankephoto_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 16:25:31 PDT

Thanks Stephanie, I'll keep that in mind, too bad I hadn't run across
your page before I went out and bought the 8-cell pack. I've got tons of
AA NiMH cells and it would have been a cinch to pop an AA holder in
there. Well, now if I could just figure out those parts to build a second
pack from scratch . . .

I'm used to such devices as PowerBooks, where one can have a spare
charged battery on hand for longer runtime away from outside power. Even
though the eMate is capable of pretty long runtime compared to a PB, it'd
still be nice to be able to pop a fully charged battery in and continue
working.

Hmm, so how would one determine the proper cap (and where!) to install to
keep the Newt alive long enough to swap a battery pack? If I had any idea
I might actually use my newly acquired eMate on a regular basis I may see
if that sort of power mod is feasable.

Thanks again,

Dan K

<carracho://bobabooey.dhs.org:9700>