Re: [NTLK] Importing a pict.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 14:12:31 PDT

On 16/09/02 16:55, "Gregory J. Wayman" <gwayman_at_mac.com> wrote:

> GC says its a Pict, I have registered Newtscape, I'll make sure I have the jpg
> package installed.
> Will it see it then or must I open it with Newtscape?
>
> Greg
>
> Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> On 16/09/02 12:04, "Gregory J. Wayman" <gwayman_at_mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was toying with SAS's Fax cover creator. I am trying to import a pict
>>> file (in this case a logo letterhead so that I can include it in a new
>>> Fax cover,
>>>
>>> I shrunk the letterhead down with Graphics convertor to the proper size
>>> for a Newton.
>>> Then I imported it to the Newton via X-port. You are givin the option to
>>> import to Notes, clipboard, or Newtonworks, I chose Notepad,
>>>
>>> When I viewed the note there is no picture but some text that reads
>>> "Quicktime or a jpeg convertor is needed to view the file."
>>
>> Well, you pretty much have your own answer right there. It seems that the
>> picture you loaded on your Newton is a JPEG. You need a JPEG converter to
>> see it, like the one you get when you register Newtscape. Either that one or
>> change the picture with Graphic Converter to another format, like PICT.

If GC says it's a PICT, then it must be a PICT. I however don't understand
the error message you're getting on the Newton. Or maybe GC says the file is
a PICT format, but the content is embedded JPEG.

Anyway, if you registered Newtscape, you should have found a little
extension named "jpeg10f2.pkg". Once you have both this extension and
Newtscape installed, then you should be able to see those JPEG-based
pictures.

-Laurent.