Re: [NTLK] Updates on the Newton and Current Tech?

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 23:39:09 PDT

I answered some of your questions below as best I could, but you might also
find information in the future by checking out the Newton FAQ
http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/

or search the NewtonTalk archives
http://marc.10east.com/?l=newtontalk&r=1&w=2

On 9/15/02 5:59 PM, "David M. Ensteness" <denstene_at_mac.com> wrote:

> So ... where are we at on:
>
> syncing with Mac OS X?
>
> exchanging contacts with Address Book in Mac OS X v.10.2?

I thought that I someone had figured out some kind of vCard export-import
thing for this, but I wasn't really paying attention. You might want to
search the NewtonTalk archives for iCal at...
http://marc.10east.com/?l=newtontalk&r=1&w=2

> getting dates out of iCal so as to sync calendars?

There was a lot of talk about this recently here on the list. I don't think
anything has been completed yet, but there are people working on it.

See MadMax the MP3 player at http://www.40hz.org/MADNewton/

> headphone options on 2x00 Newtons?

Well, you could make your own (not advised)
http://www.johnskinner.net/newtonhack

--OR--

You could buy a pre-made adaptor off of Daniel Padilla (if he still has any
left) http://perso.wanadoo.es/daniel.padilla/

> ATA PC Card options?

Check out Paul Guyot's "ATA Support" web page to find out more!
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

> use with GPS devices and mapping software?

Yes, you can, but I do not know to what extent of options there is because I
haven't tried it. Maybe others will chime in that are using a GPS setup.