Re: [NTLK] Error 10606

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 22:56:10 PDT

À (At) 17:46 -0700 17/09/02, Glenn Roe écrivait (wrote) :
>I have an eMate that gives error 10606, which is "Object not found,"
>when I try to open some packages that are on the 32MB flash card. I have
>tried erasing and reinstalling the packages, but it still does the same
>thing. Also tried rebooting. Any ideas on how to get rid of this error.
>It just happens for some things on the card, but not others. I put the
>card in another eMate and it worked fine. Could the card be one of those
>used in a router that is on it last leg? TIA.

There are two options here:
a/ the card is dead hence data seems corrupted
b/ there is a bug in the Linear/ATA card support hence data is corrupted

If it's (a), you need to replace the card.
If it's (b), you need to reformat the card. (b) isn't very likely
with linear cards. There are some bugs but they're very rare.

In your case, you need to press the erase button in the card slip.
Jane shall rather have the preferences open and insert the card
because the card slip might not be available.

If erase button failed, try the prefs open trick. If the prefs open
trick failed, you're in case (a).

If you prefer to erase the card because you think you're in case (b)
(which I understand, although it's the less probable case), please be
very careful since you might be in fact in case (a).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/