Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newtons Around The World Gallery Launched

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 08:43:35 PDT

John Charlton wrote:

> >>By the way, my current favorite is this image taken by John Charlton
> >>which features Elvis, a Newton, and a cup of poutine. How could you not
> >>love it?
>
> >Don't know how he was able to get that picture, but the poutine he has
> seems
> >pretty good. It looks like the fries were homemade, the sauce seems to be
> >fine and you have real cheddar curds on the top. That's pretty close to
> what
> >you should expect to get when ordering a poutine at a good place, for
> those
> >that never saw one...
>
> Actually that one rated low. Gravy was a little congealing, curds didn't
> have the squeak, but the fries weren't too bad. Need to register my copy
> of Stationery Construction Kit to get a look at the actual review I did
> (special poutine scoring statonery). Did score higher on the 'Je ne said
> quoi' scale because of the Elvis bust.
>
> >I wonder if Elvis ever tasted one...
>
> As Grant said, Elvis would have sprinkled bacon bits on. Now why has no
> one in Quebec thought of that?

Well, that depends where you're going for a poutine. Close to where I
used to live was a little restaurant called "Le Poutinier". They were
serving poutine with pretty much whatever you wanted: green peas,
sausages, bacon, etc., etc., etc. But these places are even harder to
find...

-Laurent.

mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com             Washington, DC,
USA
"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms."