[NTLK] Cannot Modem in MP2K's OS2.1!!!

From: Miro (miroc_at_attbi.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 17:32:12 PDT

I would REALLY appreciate if someone would help me to make
USR Megahertz XJ5560 modem working with my UMP2K.

Modem itself is good. Tested fine in PowerBook G3.

If I, however, want to establish an Internet connection with
modem in Newton, I get a message "modem is not
responding properly", or something to that meaning.

Faxing doesn't work either.

Important is that my old trusty Original Newton Fax Modem
(black box) doesn't work either. Modem itself is good - I
just tested it with my (good old trusty MP130; OS 2.0).

What am I missing in MP2K's OS 2.1 ????

TIA

Best, Miro