[NTLK] C++ coding for the Newt

From: Jean-louis.VILLECROZE_at_fr.thalesgroup.com
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 03:52:37 PDT

Howdy,

This is my first post on this mailing list, so maybe I should
introduce myself :) (on second tought, maybe I did post already
years ago ...)

I'm an Newton (Upgraded 2000) owner since March 98 altought
I haven't been using it since the end of 99 :( I use to develop in
NewtonScript (NewtProlog) at that time and I'm may try to develop
again for Newton, but this time I rather do it in C++.

It's nice to see that the Newton community is still strong after so
many years :)

I have a few questions on writting application in C++ (I have read the
Development FAQ) :

1. Can I write a complete app in C++ (including the GUI) or do I need
to write some part in NewtonScript ?

2. My developement environment is GCC (x86), can I easy target the
Newton architecture ? (I'm running QNX on the host computer)

3. What are my chance of getting an application working without using
the NCT ?

4. How can I create a package holding my newly created application ?

Kind regards,

jean-louis