Re: [NTLK] C++ coding for the Newt

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 04:22:46 PDT

>The icons in the extras drawer are NewtonScript entries in the
>Package soup which is made of NewtonScript entries like any other
>program.
  ^^^^^^^^^
soup

Soups are made of NewtonScript entries.
And yeah, I forgot to mention: programs usually run in the
NewtonScript world (also known as the Application task). And
NewtonScript functions, which are the only access to storage and GUI
as we know it, must be called within this task. Quickdraw as well
must be called within this task, unless you use some mutexes that I
have seen (but I vaguely recall about it).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/