Re: [NTLK] Newton still wows 'em

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 05:28:01 PDT

Hi,
At 08:16 20/09/2002 -0300, you wrote:

>Which is the best way to find MP3 streamings on the web?
>All MP3 stuff I find is in a format that I can only access with
>QuickTime/RealAudio :-(

Check out shoutcast.com. You can get a list of stations based on a max
bandwidth.

You need to find the url of the station which is a bit tricky. Use a
desktop machine to start playing the stream though Shoutcast then get the
url (by Show info on WinAmp). You can then put the URL into MadMax.

Victor has written a helper for Newtscape that launches MadMax when you
click on a stream but IIRC it can't do Shoutcast sites.

Cheers.

Andy.